Tuesday, July 20, 2004

What ever happened to customer service?

I scheduled a plumber to come by, had a whole mess of work for them to do, like installing a new kitchen sink/faucet/disposal/water purifier, back patio faucet blah blah blah

So I leave work early, wait for 2 hours yesterday afternoon. Get a call about 4:30, almost 5 maybe.  The dispatcher doesn't know where her guys are, can they come on Tuesday, between 9 and noon?  I say "I'm self-employed, and charge per-hour, between 9 and noon is too broad, I've already lost money, plus I have a meeting at 10." She says "how about between 8 and 10". What a doofus! The plumber needs time to actually do the job doesn't he?!  grr I explain, and we arrive at a 7-9 am window.  Well surprise surprise, no show.  I get a call at 9:30, they're wondering what time would be good for me. "You were supposed to be here this morning" "yeah, we had truck problems" "You've got more problems than that, and you're not getting my business"


No comments: